cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbperfchk Runtime Error

Kisad
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I'm back with netbackup after a couple of years or so and need help. Yesterday I was told to execute the command nbperfchk to test the read and write speed of a disk. When i ran the command on windows 2008 R2 a runtime error popped up however the command did continue to run after i clicked ok and closed out of the error dialog box.

I tried the command on other Netbackup servers and got the same error. I was wondering is something wrong with my netbackup servers or is it just a bug that can be ignored. Please advice.

Thanks

Kisad

4 REPLIES 4

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

nbperfchk is a command line program and needs to be run from the cmd prompt (as administrator) - did you do that? If so what options did you use?

For example: Write performance (creates the file E:\data1)

nbperfchk -i zero: -o e:\data1 -s 64g –syncend

read performance: (reads E:\data1)

nbperfchk -i e:\data1 -bs 128k -o NUL 

Kisad
Level 5

Thanks for your reply.I ran the command from a cmd prompt on the windows machine with admin privilege. Here's the exact command that i executed.

nbperfchk  -i random:     -o E:\tmp.tmp  -ri 60  -bs 32k  -s 128g  -syncend
nbperfchk  -i E:\tmp.tmp  -o null:       -ri 60  -bs 64k

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Is that the command that errored?

If so, try the options I posted.

moose467
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

I have suffered the same runtime error when trying to run nbperfchk.

After a bit of investigation with process explorer I saw that it was trying to use the C++ redistributable from <drive>\program files\veritas\pdde as this was in the PATH variable.

I removed this directory from the PATH, logged out and back in again and nbperfchk ran fine.

Well I say fine, it ran.

Hope it helps

Phil