Did you mean: 

netbackup restore problem

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi,

still on the last problem

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-services-1

Now the problem is that i can do a successful restore  when i am logged on to the client machine, but when i decide to go through through  the master server machine to do the restore i get that same error i sent to you ACCESS is denied for the files i try to restore.

I dont think it is a username and password thing again, because when i use the same username and password on the other 3 clients in their Netbackup client login, i am still able to restore successfully, but when i try to go through the master server. it does not restore .

the worst is that when i  choose this other options below regarding the restore path on the master server and some few clients.
it gives me this "ERROR: restore not initiated: the restore failed to recover the requested files(5)" and does not even allow me to view status and nothing shows up in the activity monitor.

1. Restore everything to a different location(maintaining the existing structure)...............

"ERROR: restore not initiated: the restore failed to recover the requested files(5)"

or

2. Restore individuals folders and files to different locations(double-click to modify)............

"ERROR: restore not initiated: the restore failed to recover the requested files(5)"

i have attached some screendumps(successful,error,access denied and the steps i took, and how i choose another folder to restore before i got the error), also are some logs from the master server.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please share the following:

NBU version on Master

OS version on Master

Permissions for you user id on the master (local admin rights?). 

Have you tried to manually create files in the folders that you are trying to restore to?

If W2008 on master - Do you right-click on 'NetBackup Administration Console' and select 'Run as Administrator'? (When I forget to do that on our in-house Master I get errors even when I try to run reports.)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

i have attached the screendumps and logs in the zip file

the Steps taken before i got the error,

Activity monitor

success screenshots,

Access denied while doing a restore on the server using this option

Restore everything to a different location(maintaining the existing structure)....... "i did not change the path"

bpbrm and tar logs..

a quick respond is needed.

Marianne
Level 6

Please share the following:

NBU version on Master

OS version on Master

Have you tried to manually create files in the folders that you are trying to restore to?

If W2008 on master - Do you right-click on 'NetBackup Administration Console' and select 'Run as Administrator'? (When I forget to do that on our in-house Master I get errors even when I try to run reports.)

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

NBU version on Master

Veritas Netbackup 7.0

OS version on Master

Windows server 2008 Enterprise

Actually No, but i have never had any problem creating a new folder before or copying document on the system.

If W2008 on master - Do you right-click on 'NetBackup Administration Console' and select 'Run as Administrator'?

i have actually never right-clicked on netbackup administration console to open it.

i just double click on the icon on the desktop to open it.

I actually am using a domain admin user id(it has full right on the domain network)

Marianne
Level 6

Unless UAC was completely disabled on your Master, please try Right-click, run as Administrator.

I have full Admin Rights on our W2008 master, but get Access Denied errors when trying to run certain reports if I forgot to open the GUI with 'run as administrator'. All fine when I remember to....

Ramazan_Cakir
Level 3

hi

in your zip file i am seeing in picture step4 that you have checked in Restore options -> Do not restore the file ...

further i am not clear if your case is solved (because of succes pictures) but if your tape is vaulted check switch on tape if it is write enabled.

cheers

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

the error is no more

after i right-clicked on 'NetBackup Administration Console' and select 'Run as Administrator' and opened it, that was it.

The restores that were all failing and giving errors all went successful.

thanks guys,

thanks Marianne.

I really appreciate.