cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup service layer i got error 1053

shafei
Level 3

Hi After installation of netbackup v8.1.1 cluster

could not log to console it gave that error NBSL need to start and when i try to start netbackup service layer 

it gaves  error 1053

please how to fix

4 REPLIES 4

puneet102
Level 4

Check if any netbackup service is register with different account. If the NetBackup services are not configured to log on as the default Local System account then change them to use this setting. 

1. Open the Services panel by going to Start Settings Control Panel Administrative Tools Services 
2. Scroll down to the NetBackup daemons and select the service that will not start 
3. Right click on the service and select Properties 
4. Then select the Log On tab and select Log on as: to the Local System Account option 

Thanks
Puneet Dixit

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Did you follow steps in the Clustered Master Server manual to prepare, install and configure NBU as clustered master?
Do you have a unique IP address and hostname for NBU? (Not shared with the Windows cluster.)

Can you check the cluster logs to verify that NBU was started correctly from within the cluster after installation?

All NBU services should be set to Manual as they must be started by the cluster.

Hi guys

i have started to reinstall again Netbackup cluster

Please  how to create netbackup cluster group i faced that error

Do you have step to install Cluster backup

Regards

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You need the Clustered Master Server manual:
http://www.veritas.com/docs/000116368

You can find links to all manuals in Handy NBU Links in my signature.

Extremely important to ensure all requirements are in place before you start with installation.