Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbakup upgrade

Ashz_Tomz
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

hi friends ..

does any one guide me with how to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5 for windows/ I am aware that this is a free upgrade .. i could find any documents for converting 6.0 to 6.5 ..

Could yoy please let me know how 

4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

From the NetBackup Upgrade Portal:

"...

For details on upgrading from NetBackup 6.0 to 6.5, see Chapter 4: Upgrading NetBackup in the NetBackup 6.5 Installation Guides.  These documents contain the requirements, upgrade steps and other information needed for a successful upgrade.  At this time there is no separate document for upgrading a NetBackup 6.0 environment to NetBackup 6.5.

..."

Link to documentation for 6.5 http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290282.htm

Ashz_Tomz
Level 5

yes that is right , i went through all this yestrerday ,,

this looks like just a mere fresh installaton of netbackup .. 

all  i understood is take the catalog first and then install the netbackup .. how this is an upgrade ?

as i understood the upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5 is free and so what about the licenses ?is tehre any extra licnese i need to purchase for this upgrade,.. or will all my preious licensekeya re enough?

kindly could u guide me..we cant have a downtime here for days ..

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

@adad egty wrote:
this looks like just a mere fresh installaton of netbackup .. 

all  i understood is take the catalog first and then install the netbackup .. how this is an upgrade ?

I agree it does. An over-the-top upgrade which, barring a few exceptions (detailed in the Install Guides), should maintain existing settings etc, with the catalog in case of issues.

@adad egty wrote:

is tehre any extra licnese i need to purchase for this upgrade,.. or will all my preious licensekeya re enough?

No extra licences necessary. Existing enough. Not sure if there is any added functionality from 6.0 to 6.5, but if there is it will not be available until you upgrade your existing 6.0 licence via the licencing portal.

Ashz_Tomz
Level 5

thats right.. thanks so much

now with the upgrade of this to 6.5 n den a patch to 6.5.3 .we basically use disk staging here and den a dupe to taoe  .. 

In 6.5.3 do we need a additional  licnese for basic disk staging  ,As per the product guides it says so... 

Cud you comment kindly ....thanks ..