cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notify after restore complets

gmb
Not applicable
HI All
  I need a help Im looking for a script to notify me once the RESTORE operation  is complete
I did check the /usr./openv/netbackup/bin directory and found the "restore_notify"  script but this script just says if the restore was attempted and not if the restore was sucessfull
can any help me with a script which would say if the restore job was successfull
Thanks and regads
GMB
6 REPLIES 6

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
There doesn't appear to be one:

...alternatively you could use the "bprestore" command and use the "-w 0" option, which will wait indefinitely for the restore to complete, and if you collect a log file with "-L path/name" then you could email the log file afterwards, also the "bprestore" will exit with the status of the actual job - so you can pick that up too.

Stumpr2
Level 6
you could also run a script that checks for the daemon/service and have it email you if it cannot find it. Rude, crude and sloppy. I know!

Wes_T__Gator
Level 5
I get notified when a restore completes, but I don't remember where I set it up. Smiley Sad
I get notified no matter the result, which is fine with me.  I have an email filter set up to forward the restore results to my phone so that I don't have to watch the activity monitor to know when they complete.

Stumpr2
Level 6
I think I remember a thread similiar to this about a year ago. Try searching this forum, the symantec text based forum and the auburn netbackup newsgroup. You might even want to try google.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
motify the restore_notify.cmd script in bin.
change the line at the bottom to "notify somebody who cares" and put int he email address you want.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Isn't "restore_notify" called upon initiation?

We're looking for notification upon completion success/failure.  Any clues?