cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6 Oracle Agent Install Fails with msg: The license key file doesn't exist or is empty

Jairo
Level 2
Hi:  I appreciate feedback on this problem.  I'm trying to install the Oracle Agent on Solaris9.  Everytime I try I get this error message. 

Thanks,
Jairo
6 REPLIES 6

Stumpr2
Level 6
The license key needs to be installed on the master server.

Jairo
Level 2
Bob:  I forgot to mentioned that the license key is installed on the master server which resides on a different server from the one I'm installing the Agent on.  I also wonder what's the difference between the client and the agent; do I also need the client install on the server the Agent is installed?  Thanks again for the feedback.

Jairo

Stumpr2
Level 6
Check the license key on the master for the proper platform and the number of seats.
The master does NOT have to be an Oracle client.

Jairo
Level 2
I was told by the Network admin that we have enought and valid seats available.  My question is, do I need to install the client first on this server before the agent? and if so, can you point to any doc. on how to do this?  I'm new to Netbackup.   Thanks for the feedback on this.

Stumpr2
Level 6
New to NetBackup? In that case read this and most of your questions will be answered. Then come back with your additional questions.

VERITAS NetBackup (tm) 6.0 for Oracle on UNIX System Administrator's Guide

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Client s/w kits always have to be installed before any agent kit(s):

1) Install "base" GA (General Availability) plain client kit.
2) Install "base" GA (General Availability) agent kit.
3) Install client MP kit (e.g. current highest is MP7 for v5.0, or MP6 for v5.1, or MP4 for v6.0).
4) Install agent MP kit (e.g. current highest is MP7 for v5.0, or MP6 for v5.1, or MP4 for v6.0).

Base "GA" kits are on CDs, and cannot be downloaded (except via vLicence site).

All MPn kits are always available here:

...here for a full list of all tech notes and downloads for NBU ES by date:

...or the same thing, if you know exactly what you need for NBU ES (in filename order):

HTH,
Regards,
Dave.