Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem deleting jobs from taskmanager in backup and restore window

rishi_rich
Level 5
Hi All,

I am starting new thread for this.
I am getting strange problem in netbackup 6 mp4 on redhat linux 3 update 5.After complition of restore the task manager show some old job showing in progress and i am nt at all able to delete those jobs from that window.
I have alreday checked /usr/openv/netbackup/db/job/trylogs and /ffilelogs they dont show any stale jobs.
Please help i am trying to find out problem from last one month on this forum

Thx
rishi nandedkar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

scorpy_582
Level 6
yes, move them to a different location rather deleting it. You are seeing it on the master server because you had opened the gui from the master server. Move the to a different location and open the GUI again.

Hope it solves your problem

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

FrSchind
Level 5
Partner
sometimes a job will remain active/queued forever.

Have a look at this thread:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/jobs-never-stops?sym=TRUE
and this technote:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278498.htm

rishi_rich
Level 5

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/job...
and this technote:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278498.htm

Hi,

I have tried all the things which has been showed in above link but no luck.This jobs hanged in
backup archive restore -->task progress showing restore incomplete and i am not able to delete those hanged jobs i am able to delete complete and partial complete jobs.Jobs are not hanged in activity manager.

Please help

rishi nandedkar

scorpy_582
Level 6
Stop all your backups
Stop netbackup services.
Move the following files to a different location:
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs/trylogs
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs/ffilelogs
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs/bpjobd.act.db    <-- this has info about all the active and running jobs.
Start netbackup services.

Let me know if it doesnt help.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
as it says incomplete, when you right click it can you cancel it then delete it?

rishi_rich
Level 5
Hi,

Its  not allowing me to delete from task manager window.I tried all solutions which mentioned above.
Thank you for your help scorpy but that solution did'nt work.

Thx
rishi nandedkar

Nitin_bhosale
Level 3
Did you say the job appears after completion of restore ? What happens when no restore/backup is running - do you still see those stale handles ? Can you see them in bpps o/p ?
Can you elaborate the issue plz.

rishi_rich
Level 5
Hi nitin,

In backup ,archive restore--> task progress tab.If i will press update task list ,its showing me some jobs in progress and incomplere state.I am able to delete complite and partial complete jobs from delete option.You are rite this appers after completion of restore.When i run new restore job at that time also i can see stale jobs.

Thx
rishi nandedkar

scorpy_582
Level 6
On the client machine, where you open BAR GUI, delete the files from following folder and let me know if it works:

/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/<username>/logs
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/<username>/jobs

rishi_rich
Level 5
Hi Scorpy,

I can see - /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/nbjlogs =0 on client side ,but i can see /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/root/jobs(master) shows some logs by name jbp-****** ,should i delete this jobs and logs from server,since this what my master server shows.client does'nt show any logs or job in above path

Thx
rishi nanadedkar

scorpy_582
Level 6
yes, move them to a different location rather deleting it. You are seeing it on the master server because you had opened the gui from the master server. Move the to a different location and open the GUI again.

Hope it solves your problem

rishi_rich
Level 5
Hi Scorpy..!!!!!!!!!

Porblem solved thank you very much for your help...!!!!
Its been great to solve issuse after 1 month.

Thank you very much...!!

rishi nandedkar

scorpy_582
Level 6
Hi Rishi,

Glad to know that the problem is solved.

Please mark the thread as solved so that if someone has this problem in future, then can straight go to solution