cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

push clients from master server

Steve_Patregnan
Level 2
I am running netbackup 6.0.

I am pushing client software out to the clients from the master server and also pushing the encryption software out from the master server via command line.
The problem I am having is trying to figure out if it is possible to set encryption strength from the command line.

here are the commands I am running from the master server,

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/install_client_files rsh client-name          - this installs client software ( works great)
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpinst -ENCRYPTION client-name -        this installs encrytion            ( works great)

./bpkeyutil -client client-name    -  Creates encrytion key file
then we have to enter the pass phrase. 
tried this syntax but it didn't work,    ./bpkeyutil -stdin pass phrase client-name
It complains about the pass phrase, it would be nice to get this to work but I can work around this?

what I am trying to figure out is how to set the encryption strength via the command line?
Does anyone know if it that is possible, if so what is the command 
If I login to the GUI and click on the client properties I can set the encryption strength that way but would rather do it thru command line if possible.  
thanks     Steve

Any help would be great.

1 REPLY 1

Nathan_B
Level 4
I think bpkeyutil command should be something like

./bpkeyutil -client clientname
then it will ask you for the passphrase, you may have to enter it again, I don't remember.

I don't know about setting encryption cypher options by pushing from the master server's command line, sorry.