Did you mean: 

restor folder windows tree too long

guilhemlflo
Level 4

hi,

i need restor a folder (and sub-folder) in a new disk but i have an error:

standar policy restor error(2800)

exiting with status 175

I think that the tree of the subfolder is too long (more than 256 caractere) to be restor.(if i do restor with only one file i don't have the problème but when i restor all the folder i have the probleme)

Did someone have a solution for that?

(sorry for english i'm french)

Thanks you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

A 175 is very vague.

"NetBackup status code: 175 Message: not all requested files were restored Explanation: When the bptm or the bpdm process restores files from an image, it detected a fatal error condition and terminated the restore before it completed. Under normal circumstances, this error should not occur. Recommended Action: Do the following, as appropriate: ■ Check the NetBackup Problems report and the status lot or the progress log on the client for additional information about the error. ■ For detailed troubleshooting information, create a debug log directory for either bptm or bpdm (whichever applies) and retry the operation. Check the resulting debug log. Click here to view technical notes and other information in the Symantec knowledge base about this status code. "

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

A 175 is very vague.

"NetBackup status code: 175 Message: not all requested files were restored Explanation: When the bptm or the bpdm process restores files from an image, it detected a fatal error condition and terminated the restore before it completed. Under normal circumstances, this error should not occur. Recommended Action: Do the following, as appropriate: ■ Check the NetBackup Problems report and the status lot or the progress log on the client for additional information about the error. ■ For detailed troubleshooting information, create a debug log directory for either bptm or bpdm (whichever applies) and retry the operation. Check the resulting debug log. Click here to view technical notes and other information in the Symantec knowledge base about this status code. "

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Post the detailed status of the job please.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Please ensure that all of the following log folders exist before you try again: On media server: bpbrm and bptm On destination client : tar The logs will help to identify the actual issue.