cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restorting DFSR data

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.6.0.3

if i made a DFS backup of drive G:, and i want to restore the backup to another server, same drive letter, must the destination server also have DFS installed? or will it restore to drive G: like an ordinary restore?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Most of us have done that at least once. Two of the best attributes of any admin are... The first is being able to spot one's own mistakes, and the second is being honest to your colleagues and management team about it (when you have to). :p And we all keep on learning.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

manatee
Level 6

to add, in the activity monitor it shows it is restoring files but when i go to drive G:\DFSR-Restore folder, i don't see anything.

the redirected path is G:\DFSR-Restore.

manatee
Level 6

i'm getting this errors:

2015 19:05:48 - Warning bpbrm (pid=13303) from client fs02: WRN - error writing file: g:\DFSR-Restore\DfsrReplicatedFolders\G\Aljomaih Consumer Div\ABC\Finance\CPM\Cpm\2015\Forecast\01_Jan\5. Opex\Total People Costs Fcst.xlsx (err=WIN32 112: There is not enough space on the disk. )

but both source and destination drives are 500GB in size. the destination is still empty.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
"(err=WIN32 112: There is not enough space on the disk. )" This is a Windows error. Not NBU. Nothing we can do in NBU to make it go away.

manatee
Level 6

this sounds silly.

it was restoring to another server. not the intended one. my bad.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Most of us have done that at least once. Two of the best attributes of any admin are... The first is being able to spot one's own mistakes, and the second is being honest to your colleagues and management team about it (when you have to). :p And we all keep on learning.