cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rman generic script call with parameter for scheduled backups question

rman_ok
Not applicable
Hi,

I am attempting to use a generic oracle database backup shell script which is a modified version of the sample rman shell script, which takes an argument on the command line to identify the actual rman command file to use.  When I test this from the backup server the backup fails, however it works when I run the script from the target host.

Is it possible to run a command like the following in the backup schedule, or a better way to do this?  I want to keep the number of backup scripts to a minimum if possible:

/usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/oracle/oracle_backup.ksh ORACLE_DB.incremental.tape

Thanks

Steve

2 REPLIES 2

Sriram
Level 6

You should run the rman script from the client where the oracle db resides. 

You need to write a common script from which it will call the necessary scripts for ARCH, LV0 and LV1 or LV2

This way you can configure a oracle policy in netbackup and give the common script in backup selection and add the oracle client in client section.

Create the following directories in the oracle client incase of troubleshooting:

/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bphdb ( for DB)
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/dbclient (for DB)
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpcd
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/vnetd

zippy
Level 6
 you have to run it from the target host, the database is on the target not the master...

read the Admin Guide for DB ext oracle.