cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduler found no backups due to run(200)

GRAYWOLF
Level 4

Server:

2003 R2
Oracle

Problem:

This differential job has not run all week. It gets "scheduler found no backups due to run(200)" every time it tries to run. it takes it about 30-40Sec to fail.
It does not matter if it is started by the schedule or a manual start.

I have searched everywhere looking for a clue as to the cause. All I can find are articles about duplicate jobs or Sharepoint. Neither case applies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

The wrong type of policy might also give this error.

Else a solution we have used has been to copy the policy to a new policy.

Never figured out why that worked, but got  backup of the client in question

Hope this helps

Regards

Michael

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Will_Restore
Level 6

Explanation: When the NetBackup scheduler process (nbpem) checked the policy and the schedule configuration, it did not find any clients to back up.

This error may be due to the following:

• No backup time windows are open (applies only to full and to incremental schedules).

• Policies are set to inactive.

• The clients were recently backed up and are not due for another backup (based on Frequency setting for the schedules).

• Policies do not have any clients.

Recommended Action: Usually, this message can be considered informational and does not indicate a problem. However, if you suspect a problem, do the following:

• Examine the NetBackup All Log Entries report for any messages in addition to the one that indicates the scheduler found nothing to do.

• Examine the policy configuration for all policies or the specific policy in question to determine if any of the reasons in the Explanation section apply.

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO35074

Will_Restore
Level 6

I suppose the obvious question is 'did it ever work'?

How long ago did the Full backup run and was it completely successful?

GRAYWOLF
Level 4

the last successful full was 3/3 and backed up 109GB.

I was recently handed this project and have successfully gotten all jobs (across 3 BU servers) to work consistently, except this one. As a result, I don't have a lot of info beyond what the system can tell me.

GRAYWOLF
Level 4

I forgot to mention that this is an "All Local Drives" backup.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

The wrong type of policy might also give this error.

Else a solution we have used has been to copy the policy to a new policy.

Never figured out why that worked, but got  backup of the client in question

Hope this helps

Regards

Michael

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

GRAYWOLF
Level 4

Michael,

That did it. Thanks.