Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status code 13

Darklord
Level 4
Certified

Hi Everyone,

I have  windows/unix clients failing with status code 13. master is unix/solaris ,I have tried increasing the client read time out but still full backups are failing. All are normal filesystem backups. i have created bpbkar file in the logs. Please let me know where and how can i know which files are failing to get backed up. How can i identify the files . Is there any specific error i have to search for??

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Darklord
Level 4
Certified

for unix clients other than hpux i could figure out by grepping with killed in the log i can get files which are failed.

Thanks for the help :)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Status 13 can be a network error or a file read failure.

Please start by showing us all text in Job Details of a failed job. 
This will tell us if this is a network or file read failure.

Is problem seen with specific clients or with specific media server(s)? Or is Solaris master also your media server?

Increase logging level on client to see filenames that are getting backed up. Level 3 should be fine.

Other logs that are needed for troubleshooting:
bpbrm and bptm on media server.

Darklord
Level 4
Certified

marianne,

Thanks .. i shall post the logs soon.. just wanted to know what parameters should we look for to determine a network error and  file read error?? will the log give specific file names which failed backing up ? thanks again

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

... just wanted to know what parameters should we look for to determine a network error and  file read error?? 

The information in Job details will tell us.

Darklord
Level 4
Certified

for unix clients other than hpux i could figure out by grepping with killed in the log i can get files which are failed.

Thanks for the help :)