cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status code 6 (the backup failed to backup the requested files) on Full Schedule

Ingram
Level 4
Hi to all,

I've run a Oracle Database Policy backup with two schedule first is the "Default-Application-Backup Schedule and the Full Schedule". I triggered the Manual Backup on the Master Server by right clicking the policy>>click Manual Backup>>click Full and the client name. On the activity monitor there is a Full Schedule Running and the Default-Application-Backup (of course there are other Default-Application-Backup will run after the 1st one was finished). After the backup activity I noticed that all Default-Application-Backup jobs were successfully done while the Full schedule gave me status code 6: the backup failed to backup the requested files.

Is this normal? if it's not how will I solve the problem? Because I'm wondering if the backup is really finished or not since both schedule gave me different result.

Thank You
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
You should to look into RMAN log.. Error 6 means that NetBackup received error from backup script.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
You should to look into RMAN log.. Error 6 means that NetBackup received error from backup script.

Ingram
Level 4
I've already found the log and it seems that RMAN is looking for a specific file, when I checked the file to it's path/ directory it's not there.