cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sybase schedule job fails

SUDHARSAN_RAO_T
Level 2
Hi ,
i am getting a strange error on this machine. When ever the script on the client machine had been modified or any kind of network issue happens the schedule job fails, however when i kick off manually it works fine. But the schedule jobs never run again.i need to manually run the job. Can some one tell me why it happens?

I tested creating a copy of the same policy and the schdules job works fine.Can some one figure out what is going on?( using NB 5.1 on client & server)
2 REPLIES 2

zippy
Level 6
SUDHARSAN RAO THANNEERU

Try checking a few things, nslookup hostname's for each server, check the network of each server IE: Speed setting onthe NIC cards and the Switches, make sure each device is the same, have the network person help you. Scripts will fail if the network is WHACKED.

Jim

SUDHARSAN_RAO_T
Level 2
Hi James,

Thank you very much for answering my question.This happens only on one server . I still have a doubt in it if there is problem with the nic or switch or nslookup.the schedule jobs should fail even when i create a new test policy using the copy option .The new testpolicy works fine with the same schedules.

Policy schedules:
The schedule policy used to do a transaction dump every hour and database dump every day.