Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

take checkpoint option doesn't work

O-a
Level 4
hallo

i have netbackup 6.5.3
when i installed the system i understand that if the take checkpoint option checkbox is marked and the job is failed from some reason,i can restest the job from my last checkpoint.

i backup large file server(1.5T),and this option on the policy is marked to take checkpoint every 15 minutes.
every time the job failed from some reason and i restart the job he start to backup all the 1.5 T from bargaining.

any ideas why this option doesn't work?

thanks for any help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
When a job is in Incomplete state, it can be resumed from last checkpoint. If a job is in Done state, it can be restarted from beginnining. If a job is cancelled (status 150), it will be marked as Done.

Other factors that will determine restart vs. resume (extract from Admin Guide):
NetBackup decides when a new job should be started instead of resuming an incomplete job. NetBackup starts a new job in the following situations:
If a new job is due to run.
If the time since the last incomplete backup has been longer than the shortest frequency in any schedule for the policy.
If the time indicated by the Clean-up property, Move backup job from incomplete state to done state, has passed.
For calendar scheduling, if another run day has arrived.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
When a job is in Incomplete state, it can be resumed from last checkpoint. If a job is in Done state, it can be restarted from beginnining. If a job is cancelled (status 150), it will be marked as Done.

Other factors that will determine restart vs. resume (extract from Admin Guide):
NetBackup decides when a new job should be started instead of resuming an incomplete job. NetBackup starts a new job in the following situations:
If a new job is due to run.
If the time since the last incomplete backup has been longer than the shortest frequency in any schedule for the policy.
If the time indicated by the Clean-up property, Move backup job from incomplete state to done state, has passed.
For calendar scheduling, if another run day has arrived.