cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available(96)

O-a
Level 4
hello all, netbackup 6.5.6 I have created some policies and scheduled it to run on the same media pull(on different time of course ) the media type is LTO4 and i see that only 150Gb of more than 1 tera is in used. the 2 tapes are not in used allso. if i try to run the same job to another media pool it work fine. every time i have this problem i just add new media to the pool... how can i see what is the media status and what is the reason i cant continue use this media Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Use Tape List report to see media status.
You can also use available_media script (in goodies directory) from cmd.
Backups will go to media in the same pool if the retention level is the same as existing backups on the tape.

Also read this section in Admin Guide II:
p. 219:
How NetBackup selects media

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Use Tape List report to see media status.
You can also use available_media script (in goodies directory) from cmd.
Backups will go to media in the same pool if the retention level is the same as existing backups on the tape.

Also read this section in Admin Guide II:
p. 219:
How NetBackup selects media

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited
According to your post you have media in your Volume Pool/ Storage Unit.
Check out for the following:
Volume is not suspended or frozen. U can check this by using NetBackup Media List Report.
Make sure that volumes are not expired.
The EMM database host name for the device is correct. If you change the EMM database host name, stop and restart the Media Manager device daemon.
Check whether the correct host is specified for the storage unit in the NetBackup configuration.