cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to connect to linux client

KPNBU
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I am facing issue with one of our newly configured linux client added in backup rotation. The issue is that just like this server there are few more added in rotation and is getting backed up properly, however, for this specifc client only backup is failing with 58.

Master and media servers are on 7.5.0.6,

Red Hat Linux Client is on 7.5.0.6

Telnet is listening from client but from master and media telnet not working.

Checked with firewall team, they said no need to open firewall rules as the traffic does not pass through firewall and it connected to Core and Distributed switches only. 

On client netstat output is as below mentioned : -

[root@XXXXXXXXXXXX ~]# netstat -an |grep 1556
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1556                0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN
tcp        0      0 :::1556                     :::*                        LISTEN
[root@XXXXXXXXXXXX ~]# netstat -an |grep 13724
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:13724               0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN
[root@XXXXXXXXXXXX ~]# netstat -an |grep 13782
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:13782               0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN
[root@XXXXXXXXXXXX ~]#

Can anyone tell me what am i missing or what can be checked in this case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Try going through the steps here https://www.veritas.com/community/app#!/forums/general-connectivity-troubleshooting-status-23242558-...

These have helped me with a lot of connection problems, in your case I would also check the routning with traceroute both from servers and client as it sounds like you are hitting a firewall

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

For some reason this post is only showing up in the forums now...

Have you checked iptables (the Linux built-in firewall) on the client?

Stop and disable iptables on Linux client(s). 

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
iptables -L

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Try going through the steps here https://www.veritas.com/community/app#!/forums/general-connectivity-troubleshooting-status-23242558-...

These have helped me with a lot of connection problems, in your case I would also check the routning with traceroute both from servers and client as it sounds like you are hitting a firewall

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue