cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to 5.5 or 5.6

linda_Bunty
Level 2
We are putting in about 10 - 20 new servers in order to support moving from IBM platform to Oracle. The system administators and dba has informed us, they are installing Solaris 10. We are currently running version 5.0. We are debating if we should upgrade to 5.5 or 5.6 (note: master and media server are staying at Solaris 9). What do you recommend and why?
3 REPLIES 3

zippy
Level 6
Linda,

You are at NetBackup Enterprise Server 5.0 and hopefully at some sort of Maintanece pack version (MP1, MP2, MP3 and or MP4), the next step is to upgrade to NetBackup Enterprise Server 6.0, < -- Version 6 is a bit more of a resource hog, with that aside if I were in your shoes I would stay at Version 5.0 with the latest MP and bring the new servers into you enviroment up to the same version. When the Server project is done and things have settled down then I would consider upgrading to NetBackup Enterprise Server 6.0.

JD

linda_Bunty
Level 2
JD,

We are still at 5.0.

Linda

zippy
Level 6
Linda,

Make sure The maste & clients are Patched to MP4, patch the Java too. Bring the new servers into the fold and relax for awhile, let things settle down then upgrade to 6.0.

JD