cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Seem to disappear from customer tables in VBR.

Willspe
Level 3
Recently (in the last few weeks), I been assigned to the VBR customer reporting project. So many thanks to all that have help me in other posts. We have created custom tables in VBR to track Master Server daily activity. I noticed that sometimes data was not extracted from the standard tabled and inserted into the custom tables. I created SQLs to verify the data and have found many entries the are missing from the custom tables. I then used our normal Insert SQL statement (which includes a "Commit;") to insert the missing data into the custom tables. Things look fine when I verify the added data. I log off the server and re-verify that the data still exists in the custom tables (I have waited for up to an hour). When I check later in the day. Amazingly the data is missing. I would have thought that by disconnecting and reconnecting to the database, that would have verified the commit. Does someone have a understanding why this could be? Is the commit not really committing the data? Regards, Peter TIA (Thanks in Advance).
2 REPLIES 2

Rick_Brown
Level 4
Have you tried stopping and restarting the VBR Server & Agents services?

Willspe
Level 3

What I did find is that in our environment we extract data and place it into custom tables. The data was missing from the custom table.  After more research I discovered that the custom tables were not properly normalized and the primary key was not unique. So records were being overwritten.

Thanks for your response.
Peter Wills