Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto recover or recreate Opscenter database

Mervynmm
Level 2
Certified

Hell Forum

Please could you assist? I have  a solaris 10 server with opscenter for 7.0.1 and a solaris 10 master with NBU 7.01 . We had a reboot of the opscenter server. Since the reboo tthe master server has intermittent connections to the opscenter server. The gui did not show  the master server or even localhost  in the domain list.

I tried to run dbdefrag  , I got error  vxpmdb.db no such file or directory. and it hangs  there forever.I did a truss on the  process and found it exist 1 at this stage. 

Is there a way to recreate a new db with out having to re-install  opscenter or a manner to recover  this database back to functionality. I suspect this db to be corrupted.

Please assist

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mervynmm
Level 2
Certified

Hello Ramaan 

Thanks for the help , I brought the opscenter down and up  several times. Each time it time it tried to run  checkpoint and and consistency checks ,what i assume to be   DBCC checks on the current "corrupted" database. That seems to have cleared the errors  and I am aboe to connect  fine again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ramazan_Cakir
Level 3

Hi

you also can just restore your db, This process is written here :

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO42874

cheers

Mervynmm
Level 2
Certified

Hi 

I dont  have a backup copy of the current database .I am trying to recover this database or create a brand new one , but dont want to re -install opscenter to achieve this .

Ramazan_Cakir
Level 3

On Windows Installation there is a repair function where i have used once; i don't know if you got the same functionality also on Unix. Also there might be some switches with dbupgrade script which is resided in .../server/bin directory but for this i would open a case and ask symantec.

hth

Mervynmm
Level 2
Certified

Hello Ramaan 

Thanks for the help , I brought the opscenter down and up  several times. Each time it time it tried to run  checkpoint and and consistency checks ,what i assume to be   DBCC checks on the current "corrupted" database. That seems to have cleared the errors  and I am aboe to connect  fine again.