cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Reporter - Host Agent does not listen on 7806 - Can't report to the management server

ronakxp
Level 2

Hi, I am having trouble getting the Netbackup Master server in DMZ with the netbackup reporter 6.5 agent  to communicate with the Management server of the reporter,

The Problem is - I dont see the agent listening on the port 7806

I have configured 4 other netbackup server successfully and they are reporting correctly to the Management server,

All necessary ports - 2821 (AT)  1556 (PBX)  7806 (Agent) are open,

When I check the Logs on the Agent host at  
Program Files\Symantec\Veritas Backup Reporter\Agent\Logs - the Agenterr.log shows following error

"etc\ccsvc_client.properties for configuration ccsvc_client not found "

All minimum requirements are met and all the netbackup server binaries are same as well,

PS - one of the items I suspect is Windows defender is installed on the DMZ server, Although Reporter service is permitted the access 

Please advise,

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Philipp_Burath
Level 4
Certified

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. VBR 6.5.1. I have configured 2 agents fine (Solaris 10) without any problems, but the 3rd also solaris 10 is coming up with the same error.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards

pdaemon

Philipp_Burath
Level 4
Certified

Server that works:

bash-3.00# netstat -an | grep LISTEN | grep 7806
      *.7806               *.*                0      0 49152      0 LISTEN

Server that doesn't isn't listening on this port and doesn't have any output....

This is the error in the log...

2008/09/23 16:16:48 WST agent main INFO ACM.authUser Using Domain name suffix: 'pervbr01.xxxxxx'
2008/09/23 16:16:49 WST agent main INFO AgentCommunication.authUser Deleting vbr agent user credentials for domain : ccsvc_services@pervbr
01.xxxxxx
2008/09/23 16:16:53 WST agent main INFO Agent.init Querying server for configuration information...
2008/09/23 16:16:54 WST agent main INFO ACM.getSession Corba Reference :corbaloc:vxssiop:pervbr01.xxxxxx:1556:ccsvc_server/ServerManag

er

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing it quite a few times and this hasn't made any difference.

Regards

pdaemon

maddynick4u
Level 4
 Hey Pdaemon

Did you find the solution yet , Can you please forward me the steps for installing the VBR and Integrating with Master and Media server ,

how did you overcome this problem ?

I would really appreciate your help

Thanks

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
Not that it helps fix your problem, but I've seen the "etc\ccsvc_client.properties for configuration ccsvc_client not found " message on every one of my agents. Suspect it's an optional config file of some kind and it's just alerting that it wasn't found. Doesn't mean anything bad though.