cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server doesn't appear in View Builder

OSZ
Level 2

Hi all,

I have a problem with Backup Reporter in terms of View Builder. In order to put a server for reporting, the server has to appear as a host within View Builder. We currently have an odd 600 servers on the system and this one particular server will not appear in View Builder. The server has been backing up and restoring successfuly for the past month and half now, with more recently added servers appearing up in View Builder almost immediately after their first attempted backup. 

It also appears that if you try and run a policy with a similar server name (like with one less character, or a changed character), that servername will also appear in View Builder almost immediately after first attempted backup (even if the server doesn't exist).

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joe_Pfeiffer
Level 4
The host name may be different than what you'd expect depending on if an IP address or non-qualified name is used.  Host name information is collected from bpdbjobs so you could try running that command to see if the server name being used is different than what's in the policy.  If there are still issues I'd open a support case and we can look at it more in depth.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Joe_Pfeiffer
Level 4
The host name may be different than what you'd expect depending on if an IP address or non-qualified name is used.  Host name information is collected from bpdbjobs so you could try running that command to see if the server name being used is different than what's in the policy.  If there are still issues I'd open a support case and we can look at it more in depth.