cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opsCenter not working after installation

Abdullah_Almahm
Level 3

Hi! 

I have installed Opscenter (7.5) on an ew server running linux redhat 6 but getting following exception when tring to run it:

OPS.JPG

could anyone help please? 

Regards,

Abdullah 

6 REPLIES 6

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes sure

Restart the Service

Symantec Ops Center Web Server Service

(i.e. go to services.msc ,then restart this service)

and again check GUI

Abdullah_Almahm
Level 3

Hi inn_kam, 

- I tried to restart web service using following commands: 

/opt/SYMCOpsCenterGUI/bin/stopgui.sh

/opt/SYMCOpsCenterGUI/bin/startgui.sh

- tried to restart opscenter service using following commands: 

/opt/SYMCOpsCenterServer/bin/stopserver

/opt/SYMCOpsCenterServer/bin/startserver

- and tried to restart the server. 

all these solutions did not solve the issue. 

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

My practical experience that just 7.5 not work well.one has to upgrade to latest patch.

Also its recommended that upgrade the patch

latest version

and then check

7.5.0.7 Download Links

Article:TECH209024  |  Created: 2013-07-26  |  Updated: 2013-12-16  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209024

OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics

Agent Packages:

OpsCtr_Agent_7.5.0.7_winnt.x86.zip provides fixes for OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics 7.5 Agent on 32-bit Windows.
www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209043

OpsCtr_Agent_7.5.0.7_winnt.x64.zip provides fixes for OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics 7.5 Agent on Windows x64.
www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209044

OpsCtr_Agent_7.5.0.7_solaris.tar provides fixes OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics 7.5 Agent on Solaris SPARC.
www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209045

Server Packages:

OpsCtr_Server_7.5.0.7_winnt.x86.zip provides fixes for OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics 7.5 Server on32-bit Windows.
www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209046 

OpsCtr_Server_7.5.0.7_winnt.x64.zip provides fixes for OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics 7.5 Server onWindows x64.
www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209047

OpsCtr_Server_7.5.0.7_AIX64.tar provides fixes for OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics 7.5 Server on AIX servers.  
www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209048

OpsCtr_Server_7.5.0.7_hpia64.tar provides fixes for OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics 7.5 Server onItanium 64bit HP-UX servers.  
www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209049 

OpsCtr_Server_7.5.0.7_linuxR_x86.tar provides fixes for OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics 7.5 Server onx64 RedHat Enterprise Linux.
www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209050

OpsCtr_Server_7.5.0.7_linuxS_x86.tar provides fixes for OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics 7.5 Server onx64 SuSE Linux Enterprise.  
www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209051

OpsCtr_Server_7.5.0.7_solaris.tar provides fixes for OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics 7.5 Server onSolaris SPARC.
www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209052 

OpsCtr_Server_7.5.0.7_solaris_x86.tar provides fixes for OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics 7.5 Server onSolaris x86_64.
www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209053

ViewBuilder Update:

OpsCtr_ViewBuilder_7.5.0.7_winnt.x86.zip provides fixes for OpsCenter/OpsCenter ViewBuilder 7.5 on32-bit Windows.
www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209054 

Abdullah_Almahm
Level 3

my friend, 

I did not install any agent, I have only installed opscenter server, do I need to install an agent? if yes, where to find it? and where to instal it? 

Thanks & Regards,

Yogesh_Jadhav1
Level 5

No seperate agent is required, unless you don't want to use the opscenter server as agent. By default when you install OpsCenter it will act as server and agent. 

Also make sure your java is running fine on the server, I completly stop Opscenter using command line 

"Opsadmin Stop" and start after few min by "opsadmin start"

jim_dalton
Level 6

Symantec support should be able to help or a java programmer...seems like theres a missing class definition.

Was the install clean?As it brand new...you could try latest ver 7601 instead if compatible.

I had issue upgrading to 7601 from 7504 and resorted to uninstall and reinstall from scratch then switch the DBs. You dont have any DBs you want to keep as its a new install so you could just try the latest and greatest. 

Jim