Did you mean: 

unable to fetch job Summary by State report in ospcentre

ram619
Level 5
Certified

NBU: 7.0.1

Master & media server OS: Win2008 R2

Reporting tool: OPSCENTRE Analytics

We have installed OpsCentre Analytics in one of our Media server(It's the robotic control host). After the installation we are able to see Media & Drive summary details. But we can't see any information about the backup jobs. It's giving the error as "The report did not return any data".

As per my understanding, The tool is able to pull the EMM database information but it's able to pull any infomation releated to Job database. I have verified the connection with the master server it is ok.

Kindly give suggest some solution on this.

3 REPLIES 3

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

OpsCenter is not recommended to be installed on a Master or Media Server.

It can interfere with communication and has the potential to cause unexpected behavior and performance issues.

I highly recommend moving the OpsCenter host to another client.

In addition, check the data collection status for this master.

1. Login to OpsCenter
  2. Click on Settings / Configuration / NetBackup
  3. Click on the link for your Master
  4. Click on the Data Collection Tab located in the bottom half of the screen.
  5. Check all data types for Completed Status.   (most importantly JOBS)

The job data is pulled from Activity monitor in NetBackup.

If the jobs are removed or deleted quickly from Activity Monitor, OpsCenter may not be able to collect your job information properly.

---------------------------

Also, if your currently running NetBackup 7.0.1 - ensure you are running OpsCenter 7.0.1 or higher.

7.0.1 Download Links - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139088

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Thanks for the recommendations. I have restarted the Opscentre server service and it's collecting the jobs information. But some times connectivity between opscentre and master server is not in stable state.

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Some of the first OpsCenter 7.0.x releases had some issues with maintaining connectivity.  I believe it was 7.1 that corrected them.  You can run a newer version of OpsCenter with an older version of NBU, you just may not get all of the new features.