cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicator Exec & Windows Server 2003 locking up

Level 2
Hi.
Not sure if I even know the cause of the problem yet but wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced the same. Basically, since installing Replicator Exec 3.1 in our Server 2003 environment I am getting server lock ups. Not using RE to do anything except userdata. No System stuff, Ad, SQL etc. All I'm using it for is to replicate userdata so I can do central backups.
When it happens the server will still answer a ping but does not respond to remote desktop, main console or any of the network shares it hosts.
Like I said, not even sure RE is responsible for this but it is the only thing which seems to tie in time wise. All was OK before we installed it....but nothing in the event logs to indicate RE is actually failing or causing this failure.
I am going to suspend all replication jobs for a couple of days to see what happens. Would appreciate input from anyone regarding this.
Thanks
Dom.
2 REPLIES 2

Stumpr2
Level 6
Dom,
did the problem go away when you suspended RE ?

Fadjar_Tandabaw
Level 2
Dear Guru's,

I have the similar condition also.
This conditions occured since I was update the Windows with SP2.
I use Oracle 9.2.0.8.0, Windows 2003 Standard Edition and VVR.

The VVR locked the system at least for 15 minutes and made the database could not use, the drive that replicated also locked.
After I disconected the enterprise Administrator, the drive could use again.

Is it save to shutdown Veritas Enterprise Administrator Service, Veritas VSS provider, Vxffdc service and Vxsas service?

I have a lots of complains regarding the database usages.

Please give me some clue to fix this condition...

Regards,
Fadjar T