cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SF HA on 2008, local disk manager written signature on VCS disk, how to fix

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner

Hi, I have a problem on my cluster regarding on disk in a mirror that windows local disk manager on Win 2008 x64 has writen a signature on a disk that SF is to have control over.

On windows, how can i rewrite VCS signature on the disk so local disk manager realeses the disk?

Here you see the disk in local disk manager, I've only oflined it.
imagebrowser image

Here you see the disk in VEA Disk 10 is the disk that is the problem, VEA reports a missing disk as well.
imagebrowser image

1 REPLY 1

Jay_Kim
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

From your screenshot, I can see a cluster diskgroup with 1 missing disk.

Harddisk10 is a Microsoft Disk Management Dynamic disk so I presume that if you online it back, you'll see another diskgroup appear in VEA. Is this correct?
(Which means that harddisk10 isn't the 'missing disk' of that existing SVVPDSFIL02Dg1 diskgroup.)

Is your goal to use Harddisk10 as the other disk within the diskgroup SVVPDSFIL02Dg1?
Is harddisk10 empty? or can it be cleared of any data inside? (I assume it can if it is supposed to be the other side of that mirrored volume)

If harddisk10 needs to be cleared and then put into the SVVPDSFIL02Dg1 as replacement of that missing disk..
- Online harddisk10 back, delete all volumes inside.
- Once done, it'll become an empty basic disk.
- Then right click on missing disk and replace disk harddisk10.
- Reactivate the volume in VEA to restart the mirror synchronization.

or is your goal actually to keep the volume/data within harddisk10 but  somehow convert it to a separate Veritas dynamic disk group?