cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFHA SQL Cluster: Can't find database server from app

Fold
Not applicable

Hey gang,

I've got a 2-node SQL cluster running SFHA 5.0.  The cluster itself appears to be running well and I've run the necessary sp_dropserver/addserver commands in SQL management studio.  (SQL 2005 SP2).

I'm attempting to reach the database from the Blackberry Enterprise server software running on a separate box, but receive an error saying that the server can't be found.  

When I ping the cluster's virtual name it resolves correctly to the cluster's IP address.  However, if I do an nslookup on the name or the address, it bombs out.  Someone has created an AD computer account for the cluster's virtual name (specified in the Lanman cluster resource).  Has any one elsehad a similar problem connecting to the database from an application running on a separate sever?  Also, they're all on the same subnet, so I don't think there's a connectivity problem.   Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
The first thing you'll need to do is add the SQL virtual server name to DNS. You can use the LanMan resource to do this, but in a simple 2-node cluster you may as well just add it manually to DNS.