cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the simple way to point out a mistake in the KB?

antoly_yandex
Not applicable

Hello,

I've looked for a solution to my problem with Storage Foundation for Unix and read the KB article TECH72847 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH72847. There are two mistakes ("aacess" and "vxdisk" instead of "vxdg"). Is it possible to point out the mistakes without opening the case with all details of my company and my autobiography? Access to the knowledge base is free, so it's pointless to fill out all forms (Symantec Sales Order Number, Serial Number, Certificate Number, Contact ID, Support ID, PO and so on, and so forth).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oscar_Wahlberg
Level 3

Antoly,

This should be corrected now, you might need to empty your browser cache to get the update, but it looks ok here.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Thomas_K
Level 6

I am moving this thread to the Storage Foundation forum. I am hoping a TSE there will be able to help correct the KB mistake(s).

If no one responds in the next 48 hours please PM me and I will try to get this resolved.

Best,

Thomas

Oscar_Wahlberg
Level 3

Antoly,

This should be corrected now, you might need to empty your browser cache to get the update, but it looks ok here.

Thomas_K
Level 6

Oscar,

Thanks for making the changes.

Best,

Thomas

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks Oscar. I totally share the poster's sentiment:

What is the simple way to ....

I have on MANY occations used the box on the right-hand side of the TN to provide feedback / request update / suggest change and then subscribe to the TN as well, meaning that I will receive notification when the TN is updated. I have never seen any results.

What actually happens to feedback provided via the box?

Nathan_Duersch
Level 4
Employee

That is a great question! 

The current "feedback capture" box is a new feature that launched with our new knowledge management system (SymWISE).  An article's star rating and any comments are captured by SymWISE and will be directed to the right engineer.  Where appropriate, the engineer can improve the article based on the customer's comments.

Currently this "closed loop" feedback process is somewhat manual, however Enterprise Support Services has plans to automate the process as much as possible.

Hopefully, you'll begin to see your input make it into our knowledge base articles.

Keep the feedback coming!