cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hitachi AMS2100

thesime
Level 3
Hi everybody,

maybe is not an issue, but I'd like to be sure of this...
I have a solaris 9 system that has 2 kind of storage, 1 HITACHI USPV and 1 HITACHI AMS2100;in this system is installed Storage Foundation Suit 4.1 mp3 and if I do vxdisk list this is the output;ù

Disk_66
Disk_67
HDSUSPV_0
HDSUSPV_1

first 2 disks are ams2100, and other 2 are USPV disks.
Is correct that veritas has named "Disk" the enclosure of AMS2100? exist an ASL to change the enclosure in a "most friendly" name like the ASL for USPV?

thanks a lot for the answers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Antony_Pavlenko
Level 4
Hello.
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/305201.htm
But it loioks like you have it. May be wrong one?
Can you also post
vxddladm listsupport libname=libhdsasl.so
output

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Antony_Pavlenko
Level 4
Hello.
It looks like you have no ASL for AMS storage.
Can you please show vxddladm listsupport ?
I think you need this one ASL http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/305201

thesime
Level 3
this is th output...can you resend me the link?it tell me that is expired....

LIBNAME              VID                            PID                                              
==============================================================================
libvxap.so           SUN                            All                                              
libvxatf.so          VERITAS                        ATFNODES                                         
libvxcscovrts.so     CSCOVRTS                       MDS9                                             
libvxeccs.so         ECCS                           All                                              
libvxemc.so          EMC                            SYMMETRIX                                        
libvxfujitsu.so      FUJITSU                        GR710, GR720, GR730                              
libvxhds.so          HITACHI                        All                                              
libvxhitachi.so      HITACHI                        DF350, DF400, DF400F                             
libvxlsiinf.so       LSI                            INF-01-00                                        
libvxnec.so          NEC                            DS1200, DS1200F, DS3000SL                        
libvxpurple.so       SUN                            T300                                             
libvxrdac.so         VERITAS                        RDACNODES                                        
libvxsena.so         SENA                           All                                              
libvxshark.so        IBM                            2105                                             
libvxssa.so          SSA                            SSA                                              
libvxstorcomp.so     StorComp                       OmniForce                                        
libvxveritas.so      VERITAS                        All                                              
libvxvpath.so        IBM                            2105                                             
libvxxp256.so        HP                             All                                              
libvxibmds8000.so    IBM                            2107                                             
libvxUSP.so          HITACHI                        All                                              
libhdsasl.so         HITACHI                        DF600, DF600-V, DF600F

Antony_Pavlenko
Level 4
Hello.
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/305201.htm
But it loioks like you have it. May be wrong one?
Can you also post
vxddladm listsupport libname=libhdsasl.so
output

Antony_Pavlenko
Level 4
And

vxddladm listversion libname=libhdsasl.so 

thesime
Level 3
this is the output:

[root@roselyn /]# vxddladm listsupport libname=libhdsasl.so
ATTR_NAME            ATTR_VALUE                                                 
=======================================================================
LIBNAME              libhdsasl.so                                                
VID                  HITACHI                                                     
PID                  DF600, DF600-V, DF600F                                      
                     DF600F-V                                                    
ARRAY_TYPE           A/A-A-HDS, A/PG, A/P                                        
                     A/A                                                         
ARRAY_NAME           HDS9500-ALUA, AMS_WMS

now I try the link thanks

thesime
Level 3
eheheh other output :

[root@roselyn /]# vxddladm listversion libname=libhdsasl.so
libhdsasl.so has version string: vm-4.1-rev-4. VXVM version: 4.0

Antony_Pavlenko
Level 4
Yes, you have wrong one ASL.
You need remove this ASL first and than install new one.

thesime
Level 3
mmm I've tryed your link...and cliccked downlod...but open an html with a text based page whith the content of gz file!!! why!?!?

thesime
Level 3
THANKS Antony ..you'r damn right!!...finally download the file and the result is fantastic!:

[root@roselyn syustg0]# vxdisk list |more
DEVICE       TYPE            DISK         GROUP        STATUS
DF8000_0     auto:cdsdisk    DPS01        DPS          online
DF8000_1     auto:cdsdisk    DPS02        DPS          online
DF8000_2     auto:cdsdisk    DPS03        DPS          online
DF8000_3     auto:cdsdisk    DPS04        DPS          online

SOLVED!