cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"cfscluster config" command hangs

Xylen
Level 2
Hello All,

I have configuring VCS with SF Cluster File System on Sun Fire T5220 with Solaris 10 . The setup has 2 node cluster.

Now the problem is when i am running cmd "cfscluster config" to configure cvm and add resources in main.cf, it hangs.
The cmd "cfscluster config" is invoked from a script and never return.

I have verified the VCS is up and running before and ensure to have proper veritas licenses with CFS.

Can anyone have faced this issue or hint on the probable cause.

I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Xylen.

4 REPLIES 4

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello Xylen,

Any further information on this ?

a) what version of product u r using ?
b) whats OS ?
c) have u tried configuring CFS using ha commands ?
d) is CVM cluster established ?

please post few outputs here:

# vxdctl -c mode
# gabconfig -a

I remember there was some known issue around this, If you configure using HA commands, u should get success...

Gaurav

Xylen
Level 2
Thanks Gaurav for the reply.

Pls my comments on the questions

a) what version of product u r using ?
 - are using VERITAS 5.0

b) whats OS ?
- SOLARIS 10.

c) have u tried configuring CFS using ha commands ?
- Sorry, i did not get ur question. we are configuring VCS using ha commnads then tried to configure CVM using cfscluster.

Regarding the below commands, i am really sorry and afraid i do not have the output as the disk where we installed had to be roll back. But yes this one was first node to be installed hence it should be MASTER node.

# vxdctl -c mode
# gabconfig -a

I would really appreciate and would be grateful if any help on above.

Many thanks in advance.

d) is CVM cluster established ?
- No i guess, before running this cmd i guess the hastart cmd was successful but while the cfscluster got stuck, i checked the main.cf but there were no entries of cvm resources.

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi Xylen,

Let me ask you this way...

What product you installed (SF/VCS/SFCFS) & how did you installed ? (for e.g using "installer"  OR "installvcs"  OR "installsfcfs"  because what I presume is, if you install SFCFS & configure the cluster at same point, CVM group should be created automatically (If I remember)..

If CVm group didn't got created, you can create it manually by using "ha" commands (just take the attributes from any other cluster)

# hagrp -add cvm
# hares -add  ....

So what I was saying in previous query was, did you tried creating cvm group using ha commands as mentioned above ?

Gaurav

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified
any updates on this ?  interested to know if its solved..