cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vxdisk list

alunkal
Level 2
dear, i am getting the output of vxdisk list as DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t1d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid kindly advice what to do to make the disk valid?.i had installed the veritas volume manager in solaris 10 which is installed on vmware thanks in advance regards ritchie james
3 REPLIES 3

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

online:invalid indicates that disk is not initialized in veritas. you will need to do a  "vxdisksetup" on the device to make it online

#vxdisksetup -i c0t1d0s2

man page of vxdisksetup can be found here

http://sfdoccentral.symantec.com/sf/5.1/solaris/manpages/volume_manager/man/html/man1m/vxdisksetup.1m.html

G

alunkal
Level 2
dear Gaurav, this is the output # /etc/vx/bin/vxdisksetup -i c0t1d0s2 VxVM vxdisksetup ERROR V-5-2-2206 c0t1d0s2: An invalid device address was specified; it must be of the form cCtTdD, mcCtTdD or _ where C = host bus adapter controller number T = target device controller number, if used D = logical unit (disk) number within target device controller is the logical name of the enclosure to which the disk belongs is the logical number of the disk and this is the output on giving the device name as specified c0t1d0 unknown# /etc/vx/bin/vxdisksetup -i c0t1d0 c0t1d0s2 VxVM vxdisksetup ERROR V-5-2-5241 Cannot label as disk geometry cannot be obtained. thanks for the quick response Regards' Ritchie

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi,

Is the disk visible from operating system, i.e from solaris ? have you labelled the disk already from "format" menu ?

G