cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent failed to deploy with Backup Recovery System for Servers

Eric_Vandeweyer
Level 2
Hi,

I installed the trial version of Backup Recovery System on a Windows 2003 Standard server.

When I'm trying to deploy the agent to another server, I all the time get the same message "Cannot deploy the agent to ServerX. Attempt to copy package failed."

I'm using a user which is Domain admins of the target server.
I verified the Windows Firewall settings to allow the program as exception to be able to run.

I also modified the DCOM properties as mentionned in the user's guide.

I read in the forum that a port needs to be open but I don't know which!

Could you please help me to know which port has to be open?

I have the impression that someting locally is blocking the deployment of the copy of the files to the other server.

Kind regards for your help.
8 REPLIES 8

stephane_boulet
Level 3
Do you have french windows by any chance??

Eric_Vandeweyer
Level 2
No both version are in English: Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition UK and also the trial version of System Recovery in English.

Thanks for answering me, I'm really looking for any information about this problem.

Eric.

Systems_Admin6
Level 4
Do a port scan on that server to verify Windows Firewall is actually allowing access to that port. I've seen a few cases where you tell FireWall what to do, and it just ignores you.

stephane_boulet
Level 3
I am experiencing the same exact problem.
I am running Windows 2000 server french as the Backup Exec System recovery server.

When I try to deploy agents to the clients, it says the same exact message.

What I see on the client is that the Deploy action starts the RemoteCmd service, and then shuts it down.. then it gives the error message on the besr console...

I have no firewall what so ever. I event tried deploying it from windows 2000 server to Windows 2000 professionnal... (no firewall there..)

The account im using (actualy i Tried a few) are all domain admins in my active directory..
I don't know what to think/do...

Todd_Tompkins
Level 2
My theory is because we are not using a domain? Is everyone posting here using workgroup mode?

Reid_Dawson
Level 2
Todd, I noticed you posted in the other thread with the same issue I am having...

That said, I am running a teamed VMWare group that is a fully functional domain and am having the same issue, so that rules out having to be on a domain.

No luck figuring this one out yet either...I'll keep checking here hoping someone has this one figured out.

stephane_boulet
Level 3
I don't have problems any more.
The problem was apparently the package I downloaded from the internet was not complete.

I "ordered" an evaluation CD from symantec and Voila!!! everything is working..

I will start testing right now.Message was edited by:
stephane boulet

techno_nerd
Level 4
Eric,

I noticed you asked for the ports to open, they are 135-139 and 445.
Hope that helps,

Thanks,

TechnonerdMessage was edited by:
techno nerd