cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Image Deletion Process

bjhowd
Level 3
I am running BESR 7.04 and all of a sudden out of the blue the automatic image deletion process which is how many images to retain before deleting has stopped worked on my main DC- Domain Controller. It appears to still work on other servers I am running. I have deleted the job several times now and it still doesn't appear to adhere to the 2 saved jobs that I want to keep online or nearline on my SAN. I don't even get the email message that it has deleted jobs/images to comply with the policy that is part of the backup job. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this and how to fix this. Thanks. I am going to upgrade all of the server's to v8.0 but am waiting till we move the servers next week to our new DataCenter. I don't want to break BESR at this point since I will be needing it to restore images to some new servers. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You may want, outside of deleting and re-creating jobs, remove the contents of the history folder on the agent system itself following these steps: 

(1) In task manager stop VPROTRAY.EXE

(2) In windows Services stop the Backup Exec System Recovery service (i.e. VPROSVC.EXE).

(3) Move or delete the current image files for this client system on the storage location.

(4) Use Windows explorer to remove *.PQJ files located in the \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Schedule sub-folder & in the location \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Agent\Schedule

(5) Use Windows explorer to remove *.PQH files located in the \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\History sub-folder and in the location C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Agent\History

(6) In windows Services start the Backup Exec System Recovery service (i.e. VPROSVC.EXE).

(7) Use Windows explorer to start VPROTRAY.EXE located in the \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Agent sub-folder.

(8) Start Backup Exec System Recovery and recreate your backup job.

(9) Verify that image files are being created on schedule without error.  

Remember it is not after the successful completion of the 3rd backup does it then run the procedure to remove the 1st image/set.