cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 - Restoring when system drive is something other than C:

Groove67
Level 2

I have a BESR 2010 image of a Citrix server where the system drive was remapped during the Install of Citrix to be the J: drive instead of C:.  When I restore the image to a new drive, the new drive is assigned the C: drive instead of the original J: drive causing issues trying to get windows working again.

One of the options during the restore from the Boot CD is to Restore Original Disk Signatures which doesn't seem to restore the original J: drive of the computer that was backed up.  I've tried it with and without the restore anywhere option - either way the drive ends up being the C: drive.  I thought the whole purpose of restoring disk signatures was to fix this problem.

I've spent a ton of time on this and really need to get this restored.  Any ideas on how to get my new drive back to J: when restoring with BESR? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Groove

2 REPLIES 2

Groove67
Level 2

WIth the help of a Microsoft Knowledge Base articles, I was able to accomplish my task of restoring a Windows 2003 Citrix server where the system drive was remapped to J:.  I was actually trying to restore it to a Hyper-V guest.  Had to use a fresh install of Windows 2003 and connected the restore drive as a second hard drive so I could use Regedit and load the registry Hive from the restored drive.  Once I was able to access the registry from the restored drive, I followed this MS KB 223188.  Worked like a champ.

Groove

BESR_7_01
Level 3

Hello,

that's easy.
I have only the german gui in front of me, so i'll try to tell you in english.
After you have mark the file you wish to restore the next gui comes up with a name "recovery Volume??" you can see a green point infront of the date of the file you wish to restore. At the side you have a 3 buttons, the last one change option ( in German Bearbeiten), hier you mark at the button MBR + Drive active + Driversignature.
After your Restore is finsih you have the old Drives J: in your fall back as the Root Drive.

Andy