cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 backup error

JustinY
Level 4
Hello,

I'm using BESR 2010 - 9.0.1.36527 to perform a once off backup for recovery testing and everytime I try it fails while backing up my D: partition. The C: partition will backup fine, but D: will fail. Note that my exchange DB is on drive D. The BESR error is "Error e7d1001f running job: Drive Backup of (C:\), (D:) -Unable to write to file. --Error EBAB03F1: The system cannot find the file specified. (UMI:V-281-2001-31)" I looked in the event viewer and notice that each time it has failed there is an exchange event 9782 "Exchange VSS Writer (instance 956c672a-a82e-4496-ad93-dcba4c20f53a:28) has unsuccessfully completed the backup of storage group 'First Storage Group'  No log files have been truncated for this storage group." just before the failure. I'm sure this is the cause of the BESR error. If I use Backup Exec 2010 I can backup the exchange DB just fine, but with BESR 2010 it fails.

We have been using Backup Exec 2010 but would like to move to BESR 2010 as it's much easier for disaster recovery. How can we solve this error?

Regards,
Justin
3 REPLIES 3

JustinY
Level 4
BTW I do have an essential support contract id. I tried to raise this under 'MySupport' but can't validate the contract id as this software was purchased before I joined the company.

I checked the event log after bacup exec 2010 executed a backup job and the Exchange VSS writer doesn't fail like it does with BESR 2010. Could there be a conflict by having BE 2010 and BESR 2010 on the same server? They don't execute backups at the same time.

LL_CooL_Gee
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

We do not suggest to have 2 Backup Exec product on the same server at the same time. What I can suggest is you contact Customer Care 1 800 721 3934 option 2 and have the support contract ID be validated. Once it is validated, you can then contact technical support team by phone to get assistance and get assistance in setting up the "MySupport" account technical case creation.

JustinY
Level 4
Finally got my support contract id sorted out. Will contact technical support. Just out of interest, I managed to perform a once off backup with BESR this weekend with no errors.