please  help

12 REPLIES 12

supportsib2
Level 5

Windows 2008  enterprise sp1

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please refer to the following technote and use the uninstall.bat file to uninstall besr 2010 from the machine.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76289 : (BESR 2010 Uninstall.bat) Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 uninstall batch file.

Thanks,

-Sush...

supportsib2
Level 5

the link is not working

Sush---
Level 6

Please try to open the link again. I tried to open the link on 3 different machices and had NO Problems to open the link.

Thanks,

-Sush...

supportsib2
Level 5

thanks  the link is working 

i  tried  as per the document

"UninstallBESR2010.bat -I "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\""

but it didnt do nothing

so i tried  uninstall again  and  the previous error  gone and  end up in  another error message

( file attached )

supportsib2
Level 5

C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery has been  removed

after running  the batch file ( UninstallBESR2010.bat -I "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery)

Bit if i go to control panel symantec Backup exec system recovery 2010 entry still there

Sush---
Level 6

Try to just uninstall the BESR from Control panel ... this will remove those entries too...

Also ensure that you reboot the server after this.

Thanks,

-Sush...

supportsib2
Level 5

i tried to uninstall from the control panel but it ends up in another Error message 

"failed to have success running UninstallDriver function in MsiUninstallDriver function"

i have attached the screenshot in the earlier comment 

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You could simply delete the files and use the MSIZAP utilitly to get rid of the windows installer information in the registry.

supportsib2
Level 5

Thanks for the suggestion 

exchange server database is installed in this server , and its a cluster member ,

would you suggest something which is not affecting the cluster or exchange

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

If you remove the information for BESR why should this interfere with the cluster or with exchange ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news ?