cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 8.5.3 : Broken icon in system tray- is this a bug?

SSM
Level 3
I have BESR 8.5.3.31483 on W2k3 SP2.
The BESR icon in the system tray is "broken". This normally appears like that , I think , if the service is not running.
But the BESR service is running and completed scheduled increamental backup. I even tried and finished a manual increamental and a manual base backup. But the icon in the system tray is still indicate "broken" state.
Any clues?
Is this a bug?
3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited
What exactly do you mean by 'broken'? Can you provide a screen shot to explain what you mean?

As a starting point, I would recommend that you run LiveUpdate to update BESR to 8.5.5 (this will require a reboot) to see if this helps.

Chris

SSM
Level 3

If BESR service is healthy, you see a green tick on the BESR icon. What I saw was a icon that appears like a "broken" icon- one without a green tick on it , but only the two 'yellow and blue arrows with a red line in between. I rebooted the server, so can't attache a screen shot , showing exactly what I mean.

If I update the BESR to 8.5.5, what happens to the recovery disk?
Do I have to separately download any patch/file to create a recovery disk for 8.5.5. Or can I continue using the old recovery disk?

Thanks

criley
Employee Accredited
You can download the 8.5.5 SRD via FileConnect or through www.backupexec.com.