cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 8.5 not creating new backup point sets

PaulBell
Level 3
I've got BESR 8.5.5 backing up a half-dozen servers every morning at 3AM.  The backup job is set to keep a maximum of two sets, and to create a new backup set every week.  However, I installed the product on 10/21/2009...and none of the servers has created a new backup set (today is 11/7/2009)....what gives?  What should I check next?

I saw one fellow's question to the same effect go unsolved, so I'm hoping for a little better result.  If more details are needed, please let me know.
3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited
Am I right in thinking that you are using BESRM? If so, click on the custom button (as per your attachment) - I suspect Sunday is enabled.

I think you are running into this issue:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/329612

PaulBell
Level 3
Thanks.  What does the time of day need to be in relation to the regularly scheduled backup?  The backups run at 3AM.  Should I set that to be the time in the little 'custom' pane or should it be before?  After?

criley
Employee Accredited
As the article states, you need to make sure that the weekly backup does not overlap with the scheduled incremental otherwise you will have problems. So schedule the custom weekly accordingly.

Please mark this thread as solved if this has answered your original question.