cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 8 File Retrieval

Reefcrazed
Level 3
    After reading the guide, I still cannot quite get how to use the web based file retrieval utility. I have the folder shared as per the documentation, which states to give the "everyone" group read access. There is an account for every user on the server and still no files show up during searches or the "browse" option.

Before I call support, does anyone have any ideas ?
1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There are three ways to obtain files and folders from within images

(1)   Is to use the Google desktop search method

(2)   Use Backup Exec System Recovery Manager option Indexer server.

(3)   A mounted virtual drive with Windows Explorer and/or through the use of the recovery point browser.

The method that you choose depends on what options you have installed, the number of client systems this will be implemented for, and the amount of system resources available. Indexing server often requires a dedicated server system since it is very CPU intensive and should be considered if you have the Manager option and have a good number of clients and resources at your disposal;, Google desktop is a good option for a very small number of client systems, and the in-between is to use the Mount as virtual drive option and use Windows Explorer to search for files and folders within a recovery point image (i.e. as a virtual drive) or to open the image using the Recovery point Browser and ‘Recover’ files and folders from the image.