Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 8 Liveupdate Problem

West
Level 3
Partner

Hi there,
Very curious to hear what others have to say on this LiveUpdate issue -
I have installed BESR 8 fresh and upgraded to BESR 8 on over 40 servers across 11 different client networks.
In each case after installing BESR 8 - BESR no longer appears in liveupdate as an installed product on the server. I have had a case open within SYmantec for over 2months now, as its not critical since there are no patches out at the moment, i've let it go out for a while expecting a liveupdate patch or besr 8 patch that would resolve the problem. But nothing yet.
Case 230-503-816

Things we've tried are uninstalling and reinstalling besr, repairing it, running the fixinstall tool, sent the seast reports, manually replaced the liveupdate *.product files, upgraded liveupdate restarted services and servers.

We've tried everything and i believe Symantec are going back to the backline engineer on the issue again.

I'm interested in knowing if other people have had successful installs and have BESR 8 appearing in LiveUpdate. If you do, please tell me which install file you used and if you did anything special or different apart from basic install and best practise.
Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I have a successful install of BESR 8.01.24976  on a Windows 2000 SP4 & Vista Ultimate systems where it appears listed in LiveUpdate. I used the BESR801_AllWin_Multilingual_Prod.zip packaged from fileconnect.  I simply installed it from the files copied locally (i.e. from a C:\BESR sub-folder and at the box; no RDP or TS sessions). The 2k system has never seen a previous version of BESR before but the Vista had BESR 7.03 installed; it was uninstalled first and the system rebooted before installing 8.

freitasm
Level 3
This deserves a bump up.

I see the same problem - only "LiveUpdate" is listed as installed on a fresh Windows Server 2008 Enterprise install.

I am worried about not getting Backup Exec System Recovery updates.

Bummer

freitasm
Level 3
This is how I had this fixed:

After starting the install and getting to the Welcome page extract LUReg.exe from this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Logged In User>\Local Settings\Temp\{A8EA8A55-FDBE-4875-B598-DDC15B298280} (on Windows Server 2008 it will be

C:\Users\<Logged In User>\Local Settings\Temp\1\{A8EA8A55-FDBE-4875-B598-DDC15B298280})

Then they can use this command line from a Command Prompt executing LUReg.exe LUReg.exe -REG -PDD "Backup Exec System Recovery" -PDN "Backup Exec System Recovery" -PDV "8.0.1.<BuildNumber>" -PDL "ENGLISH" -PDM "{61731099-3501-40B3-BF96-757371640001}"

That's all... It worked for me.

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Freitasm, thanks for your contribution to the forums