cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR Manager Licensing

SBOI
Not applicable
Anyone Know if I want to use BESR manager option for managing 50 servers, I should buy 50 managers or not?it costs nearly $1,675.90 for each manager.can't I manage all the servers using one manager?
3 REPLIES 3

batman
Level 3
I've got BESR V8 manager console installed on one server (dedicated server for this product) and its managing 10 servers and 230 desktop clients with BESR V8 & V7 client installed at the moment without any issues so far (not major ones). I think the limit is 500 clients per console server (providing the hardware spec of the server meets the minimum requirements)

Might be an idea to give the sales team a call and confirm the limitations of this product.

Bakinup
Level 4

I bought a desktop license for each desktop and server license for a couple of servers we have. You only need 1 Manager for all the nodes the license other than manager are cheaper. If you look at manager te license can be entered there and distributed from there.

We called a sales person that didn't understand the system very well and tried to sell us stuff we didn't need. SO Buyer Beware. Ask questions and talk to support folks if you have phone support. They can be helpful sometimes.

All of the Symantec sales folks don't have the knowledge to sell you the right product. Again Ask lots of questions.   

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited
To manage 50 computers through Manager, you would need one Manager license and 50 System Recovery licenses. Manager can manage the licenses that are distributed to the other servers, and all of their backup jobs.