cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR backup - Application error stops and restarts the BESR service.

SSM
Level 3
I have BESR 8.5 on a windows 2003 SP2 server.
Everyday, the scheduled back up face this problem.
Here is the description from the event log:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: DrWatson
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4097
Date: 2/07/2009
Time: 7:30:33 PM
User: N/A
Computer: OPCTEST
Description: The application, C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Agent\VProSvc.exe,
generated an application error The error occurred on 07/02/2009 @ 19:30:33.468
The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7C81BD02 (ntdll!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault)

The back process stops  and service is restarted after this event.
The scheduled increnmental back up is not completed but BESR sends a message "Scehduled back up completed" !!!!
2 REPLIES 2

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Does this error happen consistently during a backup? In other words, can you easily dupicate the error?

Next Wed or Thurs, BESR 8.5.5 wil be released. This might resolve the issue. However, before you ugrade, because of the nature of this error, you should uninstall BESR, reboot the server, and install 8.5.5. This will flush the drivers and ensure that the VProSvc.exe is newly installed.

Send me a private message and I can send you the download credentials before then from where you can download the update.

SSM
Level 3
It happended twice ,and the automatic - scheduled increamental back up failed. So I ran a base back up manually, and since then didn't see this problem happening again, running smoothly for last 4 days!