cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR backup will always fail when backing up to a network location

doggah
Level 2
I have never been successful to use BESR to backup to a network drive. The drive is mapped on the client with a drive letter Z: and all sharing and NTFS permissions are setup correctly. From the client I can save files to the network drive however when I run a BESR backup job, it errors out and the log shows the following error: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of  (C:\). Cannot create the recovery point. Unable to make directory 'Z:/'. Unable to get attributes for 'Z:/'. The system cannot find the path specified. BESR client version is 8.0.3.28325. I appreciate any help.
1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Use the UNC path to thte network share then mapped drive letter. For example if the folder on the network location is C:\My Documents\Images, share out the folder 'Images' with full permissions of the account you wish BESR to use to access this share. Now say that the IP address to this share was 192.168.23.47 the UNC path then would be: \\192.168.23.47\images if this on a peer-to-peer network for the credentials follow the syntax COMPUTER_NAME_OR_IP\ADMINISTRATOR_ACCOUNT. For example, when in the job wizard you are ask for network credentials and the administrator account you are using is BESRadmin then the syntax would look like 192.168.23.47\BESRadmin