cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR2010 SecurityConfig Tool

BESR_7_01
Level 3
Hey,

did anybody know how to delete the user "user" from the SecurityConfig with the commandline??
Reset meens just delete everthing but bring back the user "user" and the User "administrator".
Or is there a way to give the user "user" not rights??
Dont want to use the gui.

Regards
Andy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Please mark as solved !!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

In the end the thing this tool does is set the permissions on the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\RPAM\SecurityInfo
So you should be able to get rid of the permissions for the "users" !

BESR_7_01
Level 3
Hi Markus,

both Regkeys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\RPAM\SecurityInfo
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\RPAM\SecurityInfo
are empty.

I'am able to use:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Agent\SecurityConfig.exe" /owner Administratoren /addrw Administratoren /silent
but with /reset you have to use the default entryies are set again, and without /reset nothing happens.
Only way is to delete the entries by open the gui and delete them with "clicking", and then i'am able to use the commandline-string without /reset, but only then );-(.

Did you have entries ind the regkeys??

Andy

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Yes, the keys are empty, but if you use the regedit tool and check the permissons on these keys you'll see that they map to permissons displayed in the Symantec Tool.
We manipulate the permissions using this:
subinacl /nostatistic /outputlog=C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\BRZLOG\SUBINACL_OUTPUT_BESRSERVERE.LOG /errorlog=C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\BRZLOG\SUBINACL_ERROR_BESRSERVERE.LOG /keyreg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\SecurityInfo" /grant=DOMAIN\USER=F
Modifying this should accomplish your task.

BESR_7_01
Level 3

...you are right.
Was not looking for rights.
Thanks for helping

andy

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Please mark as solved !!

BESR_7_01
Level 3
Hi,

just try it under windows2008 r2.
Both regkeys are without right fpr user, but in the gui i'am still see the user.
Shi......

Andy