cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESRM 8.5 License Expiration dates

vnavna
Level 3
It is stated within the help file that you would be able to see the dates of when the licenses are going to expire. I am unable to get that to work. It would be nice to know when the license for client computers are going to expire before hand.  Is there a way to get this to show up?
4 REPLIES 4

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
vnavna-

From the BESRM Manager Console, click REPORTS in the left frame. Click MANAGED COMPUTERS in the next frame.

In this report, go to the 'Client License Status' column. If the status is FULL, you do not have to worry about expiration dates. If the client has not been assigned a license, it will indicate that information.

vnavna
Level 3
I already have the assigned colum within the manager but in the help file it says that it would give you a time stamp of when the license is going to expire. From the Help file About managing licenses You can assign or unassign Backup Exec System Recovery licenses to computers or groups of computers. When you assign licenses, you activate Backup Exec System Recovery on the client computers and remove the 60-day trial. Unassigning licenses from client computers returns Backup Exec System Recovery to a 60-day trial version. Use Client Licensing in Backup Exec System Recovery Manager to manage product licenses and their assignments throughout your organization. Whether you manage Backup Exec System Recovery servers or desktops, you can view and monitor the following license-related information: Names of licensed products Numbers of purchased and used licenses **Expiration dates of license keys or license files** License keys or serial numbers

vnavna
Level 3
Is this mainly for tech support then? When calling in for support?

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
This forum is for all questions, technical or not. Sometimes we might direct you to the proper source, if necessary, such as with the vailidity of your license files.

I will check with our documentation team, but once you purchase a license and install/assign it to a machine, that license does not expire. If you install BESR without a license, it will show up as unlicensed in the COMPUTER STATUS and on the report I mentioned prevously, and will show when that installation temp license expires if it has not been <60 days since the install.