cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution

rochamarques
Level 2

Hello all.

As you can see from the subject I am using Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution.

So far I have 2 machines with agents and BESR deployed.

I've been searching the forum for this information, but all I could find was that people can make File and Folder Backups going in the BESR agent console and creating the backup.

This is not what I want. I want to create a centralized policy in the
Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution, stating that in all desktops with BESR installed, create a scheduled backup to a specific Folder (and all its contents), to the defined centralized destination.

I can't find anywhere, nor in here, nor in the manuals, this type of information.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

criley
Employee Accredited

Unfortunately you cannot use BESR-MS for file/folder backups, you can only use it for full machine/volume level backups.

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question ***

rochamarques
Level 2

I appreciate your answer.

Yesterday I tried to contact Symantec Support (phone), but I waited for 45 minutes till I drop the call.

Anyway, what matters to me is this confirmation, because I was going mad with BESR-MS.

I read here that you could and I went there and nothing. Then I realise that people was talking about the BESR local console, and not the Management Solution.

In a nutshell, this Management Solution was a very poor upgrade to a nice solution BESR 8.5.

Thanks