cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups Stop After Missed Backup

Butch
Not applicable

Backup Exec System Recovery Desktop Edition v8.5.1

I'm doing hourly incremental backups, and everything works fine until one is missed because the system was being rebooted at the scheduled time.

After a missed backup, no further incremental backups occur until I manually run the missed backup.  Shouldn't normal hourly incremental backups simply resume with the next scheduled hourly backup even though the missed backup was not picked up?  Having ALL backups cease until the missed backup is noticed and manually run is terribly unacceptable.

I have "Show system tray icon" enabled, but I have "Show system tray questions" and "Show status messages" disabled.  The default action in this case is to not automatically run a missed backup.

I would have preferred that the default action when tray questions are disabled would have been to automatically run the missed backup, but I can live with it as long as subsequent backups occur on schedule and aren't suspended until the missed backup is run.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior and is there a work-around?

1 REPLY 1

Joseph_L_
Level 5
Employee
Open BESR console and select advanced. In the middle pane, at the bottom you should see an entry for 'event log'. Check this log and post any errors/information that occured around the last time this issue occured.