cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batchfile error on Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Desktop Edition Version: 6.5.4.20306 - Running XP SP3

David-Langthale
Level 3
Partner
Hi I have BESR running in the following scenario:
Full backup of HD to external HD which is swopped on daily basis, after each backup is done, I had the following batch file executed (at C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Agent\CommandFiles\DelOldFilesC.bat:(
 forfiles /p "f:\BESR-Appserver" /s /m *.v2i /d -1 /c "cmd /c if @isdir==FALSE del @file"
It basically deletes the previous backup file (any file with .v2i extension in f:\BESR-Appserver directory that is older than one day.
All was going quite well, however I had to change one of the external HD due to failure, and now I get the following error message:
Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Recovery point of C:\. Error E0BB009C: External command "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Agent\CommandFiles\DelOldFilesC.bat" returned an error. Error EBAB03F1: Incorrect function.

This error appears after the recovery point is completed on the external HD (the batch file is set to run after the completion of the recovery point). The recovery point can be seen to be created, but after the error appears it is deleted and no backup file exists.
First I have tried to change the timeout values, but same problem, and then I have tried to run the batch file prior to data capture, but same error.
The batch file functions without error when tested outside of BESR, and as I said it worked before.

Any suggestions?  Thnak you
2 REPLIES 2

DaveT
Level 4
Partner
I ran into this same problem and it was because I had put an "exit" statement in the batch file.  Once I removed the "exit" statement, the backup job worked fine.

David-Langthale
Level 3
Partner
Somehow it stopped doing it, I wish I knew what was going on.