cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Boot With BESR 2010 Recovery Disk

SkipTech
Level 2
Partner Accredited

One PC will not boot from the supplied BESR 2010 Recovery CD. The driver validation tool only found one problem; the Intel NIC. I downloaded the drivers for it and the chipset  but the system will not boot. It will boot from every other boot CD and floppy that I have, including Ghost Enterprise. I also downloaded the latest version of BESR 2010 Recovery CD and also BESR v. 8.55 Recovery CD. None of them boot the system.

The system is comprised of a Supermicro X7DWA-N motherboard, dual Xeons, 16GB of Kingston Value RAM, an nVidea Quadro FX5800 and Supermicro SATA/SAS RAID. All drives are Western Digital Velociraptors. The OS is Vista Ultimate x64.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

SkipTech
Level 2
Partner Accredited

One PC will not boot from the supplied BESR 2010 Recovery CD. The driver validation tool only found one problem; the Intel NIC. I downloaded the 32 bit drivers for it and the chipset  but the system will not boot. It will boot from every other boot CD and floppy that I have, including Ghost Enterprise. I also downloaded the latest version of BESR 2010 Recovery CD and also BESR v. 8.55 Recovery CD. None of them boot the system.

The system is comprised of a Supermicro X7DWA-N motherboard, dual Xeons, 16GB of Kingston Value RAM, an nVidea Quadro FX5800 and Supermicro SATA/SAS RAID. All drives are Western Digital Velociraptors. The CD drive is a Sony Bluray BD-RE. The OS is Vista Ultimate x64.

Any ideas?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Make sure you downloaded the vista/server 2008 version of the 32bit drivers.

SkipTech
Level 2
Partner Accredited

I downloaded the 32 bit Vista drivers for the NIC and chipset. The system will still not boot. The is the only boot disk that I have that will not boot the system.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, then I can only recommend you to file a case.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?